Background

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How-To Tuesday: Magic Circle

This is one of my favorite techniques for starting any project that I will be working in the round!  When I began crocheting, one of the first projects I made was a beanie for my son.  The pattern said to chain 4 and join with a slip stitch to create the top of the hat, which of course creates a tiny hole.  This drove me BONKERS!  I know, it really isn't that big of a deal, but why couldn't I close up that hole?  I figured with enough stitches in the hole it would be sealed up, but it was never quite to my satisfaction.  So, I went searching for a better way...  And along came the Magic Circle!

This technique allows you to pull the end of your yarn and close up that little hole that bothers me so much occurs when you simply chain and join.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, really enjoyed your tutorial on making the magic circle. How about one on how to do that Puff stitch. I think I understand the written instructions but a visual would be really helpfull.

    ReplyDelete